Monday, March 30, 2020

English Challenge - Tuesday 31st March (Punctuation)

Hello everyone,

Today we will be continuing to look at punctuation. This time commas!

Commas For Lists

We can use commas to separate items in a list. For example:

For lunch I ate a ham sandwich, some crisps, an apple and a yoghurt.

Copy and complete these sentences adding at least three items to the list. Remember to use an 'and' rather than a comma for the last item!

I enjoy lots of subjects at school including _________________ .

My favourite video games are ____________________________ .

Looking out of my bedroom window I can see _______________ .

Write a list sentence of your own using this picture for ideas:


Now try writing a list sentence about this picture:



Challenge - Write an explanation for a year 1 pupil of how to use commas in a list. Keep it clear and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment